Editor’s notice: Boxing Junkie erred when it indicated not too long ago that Canelo Alvarez vs. Gennadiy Golovkin II on Sept. 17 is the following combat involving a fighter or fighters on our pound-for-pound record. We remorse the error.
Oleksandr Usyk is the following pound-for-pounder up.
The proficient heavyweight titleholder, coming off his spectacular unanimous-decision victory over Anthony Joshua to win his belts final September in London, will meet Joshua in a pay-per-view rematch on Aug. 20 in Jedda, Saudi Arabia.
Usyk (No. 3 on the record) gave an excellent boxing efficiency towards Joshua, bolstering his fame as probably the greatest within the enterprise and main many to imagine he’ll beat his rival once more.
Usyk’s profession was on maintain on account of Russia’s invasion of his native Ukraine. Nonetheless, his nation’s leaders inspired to him to get again into ring, the place he can encourage his countryman.
Here’s what the record seems to be like for the time being:
- Terence Crawford – Reportedly in talks to face Errol Spence Jr. for the undisputed welterweight championship in November.
- Naoya Inoue – No combat scheduled.
- Oleksandr Usyok – Scheduled to defend his heavyweight titles in a rematch with Anthony Joshua on Aug. 20 in Jeddah, Saudi Arabia.
- Errol Spence Jr. – Reportedly in talks to face Terence Crawford for the undisputed welterweight championship in November.
- Tyson Fury – No combat scheduled.
- Dmitry Bivol – No combat scheduled.
- Canelo Alvarez– Scheduled to defend his undisputed tremendous middleweight titles in a 3rd combat with Gennadiy Golovkin on Sept. 17.
- Vasiliy Lomachenko – Reportedly focusing on this fall for his return to the ring.
- Juan Francisco Estrada – No combat scheduled.
- Jermell Charlo – Reportedly set to defend his junior middleweight titles towards Tim Tszyu on Jan. 28 however no official announcement has been made.
- Gervonta Davis – No combat scheduled.
- Artur Beterbiev – No combat scheduled.
- Gennadiy Golovkin – Scheduled to face undisputed tremendous middleweight champion Canelo Alvarez a 3rd time on Sept. 17.
- Jermall Charlo – No fights scheduled.
- Shakur Stevenson – Scheduled to defend his junior light-weight titles towards Robson Conceicao on Sept. 23 in Newark, N.J.
Honorable point out (alphabetical order): David Benavidez (no combat scheduled); Stephen Fulton Jr. (no combat scheduled); Roman Gonzalez (no combat scheduled); Devin Haney (no combat scheduled); Josh Taylor (no combat scheduled).